Experience a lovely cheesy pasta recipe with the taste and flavor of garlic and the crunches of peanuts!
Baked Cheesy Pasta with garlic and crunchy peanuts
- Pasta- 2 cups
- Garlic cloves- 14-16 (peel, wash and keep aside)
- Olive oil/ Vegetable oil- 5 tbsp
- Dry roasted peanuts- 1 handful (skinless)
- Oregano or any other dried herb of your choice- 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder- 1/2 tsp
In a deep bottomed pan (nonstick preferably) boil pasta with 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp oil till tender but firm. Strain through a colander under running water. Keep aside. Heat oil in a nonstick frying pan. Add garlic cloves, sauté for 1 minute on medium high flame. Add boiled pasta, salt and peanuts, cook for few minutes (4-5 minutes max). Add black pepper powder and oregano. Mix and remove from heat.
For White Sauce
- Butter- 1 tbsp
- All purpose flour (maida)- 2 tsp
- Milk- 1 + 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
Add butter in a nonstick frying pan. Let it be melt. Now add milk, little salt and AP flour. Stir continuously to avoid lumps.Cook for 2-3 minutes, till the sauce thickens, remove from heat and pour this sauce over cooked pasta. Mix and keep aside.
For baking with cheese
Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. In a square or round baking pan (you can use a pie dish also) spread the cooked pasta evenly, top with grated cheese (I used processed cheddar) and bake for 12 minutes or until the top begins to turn light brown in color.
- You can add seasonal boiled or sautéd veggies, mushrooms, scrambled eggs or pieces of boiled eggs, boiled chicken while cooking the pasta.
- If you like you can bake this without white sauce also.
- You can add tomato puree or store brought pasta sauce. If using tomato puree, add at the same time while cooking the boiled pasta with other ingredients.
- Be experimental and trust your guts while cooking. I always do that!