Coconut Chutney-South Indian Style
- Fresh grated coconut- 1 cup
- Roasted Bengal gram/ Chana dal- 1/3 cup
- Green chillies- 2-3 (add as per your tolerance)
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp of vegetable oil/ Olive oil or Coconut oil if u like
- Black musard seeds- 1/4 tsp
- Urad dal- 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves- 1 sprig
- Hing- 1 big pinch
In a mixer add coconut, green chilies, salt & chana dal with some water. Adjust the amount of water according to your choice of thicker or thinner chutney. I like my chutney on the thicker side. Grind till smooth. Keep aside. Heat oil in a frying pan add mustard seeds, once it splutters add urad dal, fry for few seconds until golden brown in color. Add curry leaves & hing. Mix & pour this tadka on chutney. Mix well. Adjust salt if needed.
Your restaurant style ‘Coconut Chutney’ is ready. Serve with Idli or dosa. Enjoy!