I was 3 yr old when my maternal uncle got married to my Christian Aunt. A hindu boy was marrying a christian girl, so there was much buzz within the family. Since then Christmas celebrations started to begin in our family. We are a big family from my mother’s side. My aunt is a wonderful baker. She used to bake awesome fruit cakes for us & as children me, my brother & my cousin brother-sisters eagerly waited the whole year to eat the cake. As I was growing up, slowly the responsibility to decorate the Christmas tree handed over to me. My aunt used to tell me, that I can decorate the best Christmas tree in town. I put all my effort to give my best every time. The Christmas tree, the fruit cake, the family get together everything is a history now. Those were the days!
So made this little Christmas tree to make myself happy. Santa Claus is coming to town very soon 🙂
Posting here a full tutorial on ‘how I made the Christmas Tree’, just for you & your child to have some fun time making this.
Things what you need.
- 1 sheet of Mount Board or the semi hard packaging sheet of gents shirt (I used this. Usually I don’t through away many things, I keep them for making crafts.)
- Compass geometry tool
- Quilling papers
- Decorative beads
4. Cut the circle with scissor.
5. Cut half of the circle pointing towards the center.
6. Shape the circle into a ‘cone’ & close with stapler.
7. Paint with acrylic color (use acrylic color for this stage, don’t use water color, else it will mix up when you apply fevicol). After this step, use you creativity to decorate the Christmas tree. Do whatever you like. Let your imagination fly. 🙂
8. I decorated my Christmas tree with quilling papers & decorative beads. Lastly made a blue star with the fat strip of quilling paper. Sorry no tutorial for this part. Cause I just kept on folding the blue paper strip & suddenly the star formed.
So what are you waiting for. Make your own handmade Christmas tree NOW!