Jeera Aloo is a very common North Indian Potato dish . It’s a quick potato stir fry made with simple ingredients. As it’s a very popular one, you may find many recipes on this. I’m sharing my version here, the way I love to cook my ‘Jeera Aloo’.
Jeera Aloo/Potato stir fry with Cumin seeds
- Potato- 5 medium size (boiled and cut into cubes)
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- Dry red chilli- 1
- Green chillies- 2 (slitted)
- Vegetable oil- 4-5 tbsp
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Dry roasted cumin seed powder- 1 tsp (Dry fry the cumin seeds on medium flame, until fragrant. Don’t let them burn, grind until fine in a mixer/grinder.)
- Aamchur powder- 1/4 tsp
- Black pepper powder- 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice
- Fresh coriander leaves- 1 handful
Heat oil in a deep frying pan. Temper with dry red chilli and cumin seeds. Once it splutters add the potatoes, green chillies, roasted cumin seed powder, aamchur powder, black pepper powder, turmeric powder and salt. Now stir fry for 10-12 minutes on medium flame. Stir frequently to avoid burning from the bottom of the pan. Remove from heat. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and lemon juice.
Serve hot. Enjoy this ‘jeera aloo’ with roti, phulka, luchi or paratha, whatever you like.