Try this whole new Rough & Sexy Chicken Curry, if you want to cook something different!
- Chicken- 500g (medium sized pieces with bone)
- Tomato- 2 medium sized (roughly chopped)
- Onion 3 medium sized- roughly chop two onions, and cut another one in big chunks.
- Potato- Potato- 2 medium size (wash, peel & cut into halves)
- Garlic- 12-14 whole cloves, 1 tsp paste & keep the rest for later use.
- Ginger paste- 1 tsp
- Sugar- 1/2 tsp
- Mustard oil
- Few slit green chilies- 6-7
- Kashmiri Mirch Powder- 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- ½ tsp
- Cumin powder- 1 tsp
- Coriander powder- 3/4 tsp
- Black peppercorn- 1/2 tsp (roughly crushed)
- Bay leaf- 1
- Whole dry red chili- 1 (broken)
- Green cardamoms- 4 (roughly crushed)
- Cinamon- single piece 1″
- Cloves- 4
- Yogurt- 100g + 2 tbsp
- Salt- 1/2 tsp
- Mustard oil- 1 tsp
In a bowl marinate the chicken pieces with yogurt, oil & salt. Keep aside for 4-5 hrs. You can keep this in refridgerator too. Heat 2-3 tbsp oil in a deep frying pan. Fry the potatoes, let them turn golden brown, remove & keep aside. In the remaining oil add bay leaf, dry red chili, green cardamoms, cinamon, cloves & black peppercorn. Stir for few seconds. Add the marinated chicken pieces only, don’t add the marination this time. Add chopped onion, tomatoes, potatoes, ginger-garlic paste, green chilies, cumin powder, coriander powder, kashmiri mirch powder & turmeric powder. Mix well, cover & cook on medium flame. Stir after 2-3 minutes. After 15 minutes add the marination. Mix, cover & cook on low flame. When the chicken is half cooked add salt & half cup of hot water.
Now in a frying pan heat 1 tbsp of mustard oil, add those whole garlic & cubed onions what kept for later use. Stir fry for few minutes. Keep aside.
When the chicken is done, add sugar, mix & cook uncovered for 2-3 mins more. Garnish with those fried onion & garlic. Your ‘Rowdy Chicken Curry’ is ready to please you. Serve HOT!
You can pair this chicken curry with roti, paratha, fried rice or steamed rice whatever u like. Enjoy!