Crisp Masala Bites. Tasty & Salty Tea-time Biscuits.
Crisp Masala Bites
- All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Vegetable oil/Olive oil- 4 tbsp
- Sesame seeds – 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves – 1 tbsp torn into pieces (optional)
- Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp (chopped finely)
- Salt – ¾ tsp
- Sugar – ½ tsp
- Milk – 10tbsp+ more (Adjust according to the consistency of the dough, I stopped at 14 tbsp)
- Black pepper powder- 1/2 tbsp
In a mixing bowl, place the flour & oil. Mix well, it will look like bread crumb. Next to add sesame seeds, curry leaves, mint leaves, coriander leaves, black pepper powder, sugar and salt. Mix well. Now add milk(little by little) to this and knead the dough, knead it to a stiff dough, just like we knead chapati/roti dough. Take out lime size balls from the dough & and roll like a chapati/roti.
Pre heat the oven at 180 deg C. Arrange baking tray with an ungreased cookie sheet or parchment paper. With a cookie cutter, cut out in desired shapes and prick with a fork, so that it wouldn’t puff while baking. Arrange them on the prepared baking tray. Bring together the scrapings after cutting out the first batch, roll out again and repeat the process till the entire dough has been used up. Bake the biscuits for about 15-18 mins. Keep an eye after 15mins. After taken out of the oven, the biscuits will be soft, when cooled down theywill become crispy. Keep them in the baking tray for the next 5 mins. Then transfer them to a cooling rack. Cool completely before storing them in air tight containers.
- The thinner you roll your dough, the crispier the cookie will be.
- You can add cumin seeds & ajwain seeds/ carom seeds also.