These Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffins are simple to make, and perfect for any time eats. When I baked this our whole house smelled like heaven! Kido loved it and we had a few on breakfast too. I’m going to make this soon again.
Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffins
- All purpose flour/maida- 1 and 1/4 cups
- Baking soda- ½ tsp
- Cinnamon powder- ½ tsp
- White or Brown Granulated sugar- ¼ cup
- Brown sugar- ¼ cup
- Unsweetened applesauce- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp
- Egg white – 1 or for eggless version use flax seeds powder- Mix 1 tbsp flax seeds powder with 3 tbsp of water and let it rest for 10 minutes before adding into the batter.
- Yogurt- ¼ cup
- Vegetable oil/Olive oil- ½ cup
- Semisweet chocolate chips- 1/4 cup
- Strawberries- 2/3 cup (cut into cubes)
Preheat oven to 170C. Line a muffin tin with paper liners. In a bowl, mix flour, cinnamon powder and baking soda. Keep aside. In another bowl mix granulated sugar, brown sugar and applesauce first then mix in oil, yogurt and flax seeds mixture. No need to over mix, a gentle mix is enough. Add flour and mix well. Fold in the strawberries and chocolate chips, mix again gently. Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tins about three fourth full and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
After baking transfer the muffins to a cooling rack and leave there till they cool completely. Store in an airtight container.