I’ve never made Chicken Sandwich from scratch. So this time when Hubby brought some boneless chicken, I decided to make this easy peasy sandwich. Trust me it tasted great! Me & family liked it a lot. And very soon I’m going to make this again. So give this a sure try.
The best part is, you can make a vegetarian version of this sandwich too. Just replace the chicken with paneer (cottage cheese). And you are done with a delicious version of Paneer Sandwich.
- Chicken- 1 cup hipped (boneless, cut into small cubes)
- Onion- 1 (big sized, cut into small cubes)
- Yellow/Green/Red bell paper- I used half of one yellow bell paper (cut into small cubes)
- Green chilies- 2-3 (finely chopped)
- Broccoli- 1/2 cup (cut into small florets)
- Boiled potato- 1 (big sized, roughly mashed)
- Olive oil/vegetable oil
- Italian seasoning- 1/2 tsp(use oregano or any other dried herb of your choice)
- Black pepper powder- 1/2 tsp
- Breads- 10 slices
Marination for Chicken
- Yogurt/curd- 1/2 cup
- Black pepper powder- 1 fat pinch
- Kashmiri mirch powder- 1/4 tsp
- Coriander powder- 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder- 1/2 tsp
- Ginger-garlic paste- 1 tbsp
In a bowl mix everything together mentioned under ‘ marination for chicken’ with the freshly washed chicken pieces. Keep aside for 1-2 hours. Heat 2-3 tbsp oil in a frying pan (nonstick preferably). Stir fry the chicken pieces on medium flame until done. Remove from heat, drain on paper towel.
Heat 2 tbsp oil, add the cubed onions. Fry on medium flame till light brown in color. Add bell paper, broccoli florets, chopped chilies, salt, black pepper powder and mashed potato. Mix well and cook for few seconds. Add chicken pieces and italian seasoning. Mix well, remove from heat.
Butter the insides of the bread slices. take 3 tbsp of the filling and spread it on a bread slice. Cover this with another slice of bread. You can also add lettuce and tomato slices in between.
Toast or grill the sandwich until golden brown from both sides. Enjoy with some tomato ketchup! 🙂