I’m making pancakes for my kid from quite some time now. I’ve tried many pancake recipes with different variations with egg or without egg. I prefer Eggless pancakes for many reasons, one main reason is, they can be made even if you’re running out of eggs. These Eggless Vanilla Chocolate chip Pancakes are easy to make, fluffy enough to mock you with the idea that they’re your regular pancakes made with eggs. Enough said, here goes the recipe which I’ve adapted from one of my favourite websites. The measurement I’ve shared here is just ideal for one person, so, feel free to double or triple the ingredients as per your requirement. Go try. 🙂
Eggless Vanilla Chocolate chip Pancakes
Yields: 6 mini pancakes
- All-purpose flour/Maida- ½ cup
- Caster sugar/White or Brown powdered sugar- 1 tbsp
- Cinnamon powder- 1/8 tsp
- Baking powder- 1 tsp
- Salt- 1/8 tsp
- Vanilla extract- ½ tsp
- Milk- ½ cup + 2 tbsp
- Unsalted butter (melted)- 1 tbsp
- Vegetable oil/Olive oil- ½ tbsp
- Water- ½ tbsp
- Chocolate chips- ¼ cup
Add all the ingredients in a bowl except chocolate chips. Whisk well, no need to overmix, it’s fine if a few lumps are there in the batter. Add in chocolate chips, mix gently. Heat a nonstick frying pan, pour 1 small ladleful pancake batter on the pan, cook for 2-3 minutes over medium heat or until bubbles appear on the top surface. Flip gently, cook until light brown in color.
Serve warm with chocolate syrup/honey/maple syrup and some fruit jam on the side. Enjoy!
- Adjust heat during the time of making pancakes, overheating may burn them.
- Feel free to mix in different ingredients into this pancake batter. You can add berries, nuts, or any other fruits of your choice.
- Minus 2 tsp flour and add 2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder if you want to make Chocolate Pancakes.
- You can always double the ingredients as per your requirement.