Like comfort food, this is a comfort Cake. It’s a lactose-free cake, perfect for those people who are lactose intolerant. The best part of this Chocolate Walnut Cake is you need just One bowl and 10 minutes to whisk it. Chocolate and Walnuts always made for each other, so, expect deliciousness in every crumb. This is a keeper. Hope you’ll enjoy baking it, just the way I do always especially for this one, it’s a family favourite.
One cup of Coffee and a few slices of this Cake, my day is made. 🙂
One Bowl Chocolate Walnut Cake
- All-purpose flour/Maida- ¾ cup
- Unsweetened cocoa powder- ¼ cup
- Baking powder- 1 tsp
- Salt- ¼ tsp
- Brown/White caster sugar (powdered sugar)- 3/4 cup
- Vanilla extract- 1 tsp
- Eggs- 2
- Olive oil/Vegetable oil- ½ cup
- Walnut- ¼ cup chopped + more for sprinkling on top
- Chocolate chips- ¼ cup + more for sprinkling on top
Before I start all the ingredients were at room temperature.
Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Prepare a 7.5” loaf pan by greasing with oil and place a piece of baking paper at the bottom of the pan.
In a bowl, add all the dry ingredients (flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and sugar), whisk well. Next to add eggs, oil and vanilla extract. Whisk well until a smooth, lump free batter forms. Don’t whisk for a longer time. Mix in walnuts and chocolate chips into this. Pour the cake batter into the prepared cake pan. Tap the cake pan gently on kitchen counter couple of times to release the air bubbles. Sprinkle some walnuts and chocolate chips on top. Bake for 50 minutes. Check for the doneness after first 30 minutes of baking, insert a sharp knife in the middle of the cake. The cake is ready if the knife comes out clean. If not, bake for some more time, and then check again.
Cool the cake in the pan for 10 minutes and then run a sharp knife around the edges of the pan and carefully remove the cake. Turn onto a cooling rack and leave there until cool completely.
When cooled, slice, serve and enjoy!
- Baking time may vary little bit for different ovens and different sizes of baking pans.
- During baking time when the cake browns perfectly on top (after 30 minutes or so), cover the top loosely with a piece of Aluminium foil until it is fully baked. It helps to prevent from over browning on the top.
- Store the cake slices in an airtight container and keep refrigerated, consume within a week.