A simple and healthy side dish what you can cook in a jiffy!
Stir Fried Potatoes with Broccoli/ Aloo Broccoli Bhaja
- Broccoli- 1
- Potatoes- 2 (medium sized)
- Turmeric powder
- Nigell seeds/Kalojire/Kalonji- A pinch
- Vegetable oil
1. Cut broccoli into small size florets . Wash and keep aside.
2. Peel and cut potatoes into thin slices.
3. Then chop the round thin slices like french fries (little thinner in size than french fries). Wash and keep aside.
4. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan. Add broccoli florets. Stir fry with salt and a pinch of turmeric powder for 10-12 minutes on medium flame. Remove and keep aside. Now heat 3-4 tbsp oil in a deep frying pan. Temper with nigella seeds. Add potatoes and 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder. Mix and fry on medium flame till the potatoes are done. Add salt when the potatoes are half cooked. Add fried broccoli’s at the end. Mix well. Remove from heat.
Serve hot with roti or as a side dish with steamed rice and dal.