This low fat ‘Butter Paneer’ is the newly developed recipe in my kitchen. I can assure you that it tastes so much delicious, that you can’t guess that it’s cooked with only one tsp of Butter and without any Cream. And not only that you can cook this dish very quickly. It’s a hassle free recipe. So what are you waiting for? try this NOW! 🙂
- Cottage cheese/Paneer- 300g (cut into cubes)
- Milk- 11/2 cups (I use toned milk)
- Tomatoes- 2 big sized (roughly chopped)
- Green chiilies- 2-3
- Onion- 1 medium sized
- Garlic cloves- 4-5
- Ginger paste- 1 tsp
- Kashmiri mirch powder- 1 tsp
- Butter- 1 tsp
- Sugar- 1 tsp
- Kasuri methi- 1 tsp
- Cashew nuts- 10-12
- Mace- 1 piece
- Cinnamon- 1″ (2 pieces)
- Green cardamom- 4
- Black peppercorn- 1/2 tsp
1. In a frying pan dry fry all the ingredients mentioned ‘for roasting’ on low flame until fragrant (it should take 2 minutes). Care should be taken not to burn the spices.
2. In a mixer add tomatoes, onion, garlic, green chilies and roasted ingredients. Grind until a smooth paste forms. This paste may be little bit coarse, will not be very smooth in texture. Keep aside.
3. Heat butter in a frying pan (nonstick preferably), add the masala paste along with the ginger paste. Add kashmiri mirch powder and salt. On medium flame mix well and fry for a minute. Add warm milk. Now mix well and you need to keep patience at this stage. The mixture will be lumpy little bit. Stir continuously and within 5 minutes you will get a smooth creamy gravy.
4. Add paneer pieces. Cook for 5-6 minutes on low flame, uncovered. Stir in between. Add sugar, cook for 2-3 minutes more. Remove from heat.
Serve hot with paratha, naan, roti, puri, luchi whatever you like.