A very basic ‘Tomato Soup’ which can be prepared easily, and tastes really good. Trust me it is worth trying! 🙂
- Tomatoes- 4 (roughly chopped)
- Onion- 1 medium sized (chopped)
- Ginger-garlic paste- 1 tsp
- Vegetable oil/olive oil- 1 tbsp
- Chicken stock- 1 and 1/2 cup (use vegetable stock if you are a vegetarian)
- Dried herbs of your choice- 1/2 tsp (I used oregano)
- Whole black peppercorn- 1/2 tsp (roughly crushed)
Heat oil in a deep frying pan. Fry chopped onions on medium flame until light brown in color. Add ginger-garlic paste, salt, sauté for few seconds. Add chopped tomatoes. Mix well and cook on medium flame for a minute or until little soft. Add chicken stock, mix and cook for 2-3 minutes. Now add oregano and black peppercorn, mix and remove from heat.
Let it be cooled completely. Now grind this to a smooth paste using a mixer. You can add water to get the desired consistency for your soup at this stage. I added 1/2 cup of water and grinded until completely smooth.
Now pour this into a pan and reheat, check salt. Serve hot with toasted breads, soup sticks or crackers. If you like you can add a dollop of butter on your soup.
- You can prepare the whole thing (except the grinding part) a day ahead also, keep it refrigerated. Next day just grind, reheat and serve.
- The cooling part of soup mixture before grinding is *very important*, the pressure of hot smoking soup may blow out your mixer grinder cap, and may cause serious accident.