I’m baking frequently these days for my daughter’s school tiffin especially. She is a fussy eater and don’t like same tiffin everyday. So after returning paratha two times in a half-eaten state within a week I thought, that I should put some extra effort to make her happy when she will open her lunch box. I keep experimenting with eggless muffins. And buttermilk muffins are my favourite, due to their soft texture and melt in mouth taste. These muffins are no separate; they are moist and taste excellent with the extra chocolaty bites of chocolate chips. So bake a large batch of these beauties for your family, and make them happy!
Eggless Double Chocolate Muffins
Yields: 9 regular sized muffins
- All purpose flour/Maida- 1 Cup
- Caster sugar/White or Brown powdered sugar- 3/4 cup
- Baking soda- 1/2 tsp
- Pinch of salt
- Unsweetened cocoa powder- 1/2 cup
- Thick buttermilk- 1 cup (or you can use a mix plain yogurt ¾ cup+milk ¼ cup)
- Vegetable oil/Olive oil- 1/4 cup
- Chocolate chips- 3 tbsp+more
- Vanilla extract- 1 tsp
Preheat oven to 170C. Line a muffin tin with paper liners. In a bowl mix flour, cocoa powder, caster sugar, baking soda and salt. Keep aside. In another bowl combine vegetable oil and buttermilk. Add vanilla extract. Mix in the cocoa-flour mix into this in 3 batches. Keep adding and whisking until lump free. Add chocolate chips into this, fold in gently. Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin cups, about three fourth full and sprinkle some more chocolate chips on top of the muffins. Bake for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
After baking transfer the muffins to a cooling rack and leave there till they cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
- You can use chopped dark chocolate if not using chocolate chips.
- This recipe can easily be doubled as per your need.